X-RAY FAITH 8: DEE & ANGIE

X8 THE FLINTSTONE


It was back to the stone age. I was living outside of the house, doing laundry by hand, and cooking over fire. I became a Flintstone. In the process, I have a new appreciation for modern conveniences. Taking care of necessities takes more time than normal. Camping out would have been fun if it were not for the fact that I will do this for four weeks on someone’s lake lot. This is Lake Richland-Chambers, it is twenty-four miles outside of Fairfield, Texas.

One moment, I am at the Rev’s palace of squalor. Brenda arrives like a whirlwind in motion. The next moment, her man tows my pick-up to Montalba as she drives me to Lake Richland-Chambers. I had a chance to reject Darla’s generic plan. Brenda, Dee, and Angie did not allow for that option. Did it ever occur to anyone that freedom equates to options. One option is not an option, it is a dead-end path to enslavement. This is another step to the side. I have no vehicle, no money, and this hysterical tragedy continues. Dee gives me gift cards for McDonald’s, Subway, and Starbucks. I have no idea where Starbucks is, but the other two are in Fairfield. There were supposed to be two stores nearby, one is actually a restaurant, the other is two miles away. It takes fifty-six minutes to walk two miles, I did it for  cigarettes. 

I am supposed to stay in a utility building that they call ‘The Bunk House.’ It is strategically situated to escape breezes of any sort. I never touch the camp toilet beside the bunk bed. There is no electricity and one DC powered fan. I write the building off and use it for storage.  These ladies are seriously deluded. 

Brenda has the keys to the house. Once a week, she brings me groceries. Since there is no refrigerator,  I get junk food and microwave popcorn. There is no microwave and no food on some days. I call Brenda if I needed something. The set-up is amazingly similar to the Rev’s hut in Fairfield. You have one to torture and one to supervise the tortured. 

I am not surprised that the neighbors seem a bit distant. I have noticed that all things connected with Redemption House are passive-aggressive in nature. You get a place to stay, but you have to stay outside of the actual house. You volunteer to mow their yard, but the gasoline is locked in one building and the oil is nowhere to be found. To relieve frustration, I began cutting weeds when I whacked my legs with a machete. I cleaned up, bled, and called an ambulance. It was overkill, but I got there. 

I have learned that if one must go to the hospital, then one should dress for the occasion. Stitching-up my ankle and getting a tetanus shot took no time at all. It is good that I take the laptop everywhere because there was no one to pick me up. I stayed at the hospital all night. The staff called the Sheriff’s Department to see if they would take me back to the Lake. They never showed up. I left at nine a.m. and limped to Global Heart. The idea was to volunteer all day and then maybe someone would take me home. I finished at four p.m. I had dozed on the bench out front. An hour passed and Bubba came up and asked if I wanted to unload a truck. I unloaded the truck.

This is about to get so Charlie Brown. I am sitting in front of Global Heart again. I had asked everyone for a  ride home. Everyone declined when they found out that it was Lake Richland-Chambers. Twenty-four miles is nothing in Houston. I had forgotten about this aspect of the country. I have been awake all night with a stitched leg, I had no ride from the hospital, I walk to Global Heart and then I work all day for them, I still have no ride home and now it begins to rain. I wave and watch them drive off in that pressed rationalization that passes for a neutral expression. I had thought so highly of my brethren. It is odd that I am not mad or sad. This is all curious and somewhat expected. Then it begins to get cold. I have wondered where the girls hide in Fairfield. Then a pretty blonde drives up and hands me eight dollars. She said that something told her to do that. I waver between gratitude, embarrassment, and exhausted indifference. I called a number on the food pantry door. Robert is the pastor from River of Life Church and he drives me home. I arrive at ten p.m. and I am so delirious that I am happy to see the sketchy place. 

After the whacked leg, the neighbors begin talking to me. Everyone knew me now. The overkill with the ambulance was their entertainment. Once the neighbors realized that I was not like Dee and Angie, all of the proverbial dirt was heaped on a lot of dishes. These ladies have been busy in all sorts of tomfoolery. I befriended the next door neighbors. They were interesting people with good stories. They saved my life by just being there. It was nice to have sanity and good conversation at the same time. It was also the first time in a month that I had been inside a house. They invited me over for dinner. Other people started to ask if I was hungry. I was always hungry.  I had lost a lot of weight. Hold that thought.

III. EVIL ANGIE
I was not surprised that the neighbors referred to Angie as ‘Evil Angie,’ ‘Evil’ for short.  We were in agreement that passive-aggressive personalities give us the ‘tangly head.’ When dealing with passive-aggressive people, one’s head feels like it contains a tangled fray of electrically charged wire. The ladies have been out of town during my tenure. The moment that Angie walked on the porch, pain shot into my head. The spool of wire was plugged in and unrolled. I did not think that it could get worse. 

Gold Kryptonite is the ultimate form of Kryptonite. It is rare and it puts the whammy on Superman. Green Kryptonite is the most common form. Once he leaves the vicinity of Green Kryptonite, he is fine. Gold Kryptonite is another matter, it imparts lasting damage. Angie was Gold to me. It began with her presence, then came the little things like turning off the fan after I mention that it helps me sleep. On the day of their return, she calls her ex-son-in-law to come and mow their yard. She neglected to tell him about Dee’s patch of wild flowers. Naturally he mowed it and Dee was furious. Dee spends a while raving about fifty dollars of wild flowers going down the drain. I called out the Evil One on her maneuver.

The Evil One was relentless on vying for control. I was trying to escape and after five hours on the telephone, I was surprised that I found somewhere else to stay. I was happy and that was foolish of me. She immediately wanted in my business. We were within the midst of a mild disagreement when Sue arrived. Sue was Brenda’s sister and she had promised to hook me up with odd jobs that never happened. I mentioned to Dee and Angie that I was still waiting for confirmation and an address on that place to stay. The place was supposed to be somewhere near downtown Fairfield. They are about to go back out of town and that is their excuse to get me to leave. What strikes me is that I have been staying there while they were out of town. The Evil One wants to immediately take me to downtown Fairfield. The part about waiting for a return call does not seem to register. The argument resumes and Angie calls Sue over for a brief chat on the side. It was like psychotic magic, Angie got into Sue’s head fast and Sue had chosen sides and was in my face. This is getting ridiculous. The speed in which it took Angie to sway Sue remained with me. Sue had been properly conditioned to be controlled. Brenda has seemed impeccable in her behavior, yet something overlooked has always blipped the radar. I think my finger has found a surface. 

This melodrama repeated itself in some boring form or the other. The neighbors were walking by and they invited me over for dinner. It was a great night with them. They are awesome people. At five thirty in the morning, I will pay for that. That is when the Evil One tells me that I have to immediately get off the property. So I did. This began my day of misery. You can let go of that thought now. 

The very thing that I did not want to happen, happened. The Evil One unleashed chaos and misery. She did a number on me. The real tragedy was that I was out of cigarettes. I spent hours trying to get smokes. I was out of it and in Hell. I crawled over to the neighbor’s back yard. The phone was not working and I was beaten. 

The neighbors called Pat. Pat was Norwegian and a Methodist. He had the hook-up on the place to stay. I was almost free. Dee and Evil had left that morning. Their mojo worked fine on me. I had been to the Hospital twice, I was hoping to avoid a third visit.

Pat and his wife had picked me up to get me something to eat. Then they returned me to the side of the road. I was exhausted, then something struck me; Phil was mad at Angie. How come I was not pissed off? I began to think matters over. Then I got irate. then an idea, and then I got busy. That felt better. If I had listened to Angie, then I would have been in downtown Fairfield with all of my crap about a day early. It is difficult to believe that no one at Redemption House has noticed Angie’s behavior before. 
IV. AFTER THE VALKYRIES
If Joyce knew what occurred in her ministry, she would turn over in her grave. These two ladies have been affiliated with them for a long time. I am starting to wonder about a lot of things. Do they ever police themselves? These people are not only swindling me, they are wrecking my life. David lied and wasted four months of my time. This was followed by a wasted month with the Rev. Then Dee and Angie follow with their own turn to waste a month.
For people who claim to believe that God knows all and sees all, they do not act like it. This ministry and its affiliations have some serious issues. Most notably is the matter of like-minded people pursuing a con.  Brenda came off like a saint. She called to check in on me, she brought me groceries. When it was time for my monthly doctor visit, it got strange. She intentionally cut me out of the loop on going to my doctor. She went by and picked up my prescription. She skipped my usual pharmacy in Palestine and had it filled in Fairfield. The pharmacists in Fairfield did not know what it was and I had to wait an extra day for it to arrive. Then she picked it up without my permission. Eventually, I get the medicine. 

Dee and Angie had offered to fix my truck. The pick-up had been at the mechanic’s for over a month when they changed their mind on the deal. The mechanic parked the truck at a store in Montalba. Brenda could not wait to haul my truck to him. Now she will not bring it back. I doubt if the mechanic even touched the truck. Brenda knows where it is, but I do not. Where is her concerned presence now? What did she have to gain in hooking up with Dee and Angie? It is like it is some manipulator network. She was in prison for drugs. How did she get away with picking up a type two prescription without permission? Why would she do that? All of the pills were there. What did Dee and Angie have to gain? They could have cheap labor for a while. For now, I do not know what to think. Yabba dabba doo!
.

X-RAY FAITH 8
LEAGUE OF DREAD
_________________________________________________________________________________

































No comments:

KING OF ANDERSON COUNTY

CLICK IMAGE TO GO