A13 OUR DAYS FADE AS PAGES

I. THE TRUTH OF ALL PHILOSOPHY
If one has ideals, one must also lay claim to hypocrisy. The tragedy about being human is that hypocrisy is difficult to elude. Error seems to be an essential part of human nature. The nature of sin also resides in those essentials and acts of betrayal can usually lay claim to sin. Despite all of my ranting about fear, there are moments in which I am held in its possession. Hypocrisy may be the truth of all philosophy in regard to people  only begin at the betrayal of our ideals.



II. THE TRAGEDY OF INNOCENCE
There was a direct line of sight to my storage unit. I was outside the fence and my head leaned against cement as my hands held the bars and I closed my eyes and prayed. Forever remained until the officer arrived. His eyes seem to glisten with the potential of water. He does not want to do this and I make it easy for him and leave.

Innocence abounds and the real tragedy of this immediate melodrama is that these are all good people. The owner of the place did no wrong. The couple that manages this went above and beyond all expectation for me to keep the unit. I understand calling the cops and he is innocent. I am innocent and the nieces are innocent. The people bidding on the unit also have clean hands. It really is too bad that I did not pay closer attention to this particular detail about innocence.

III. PARASITIC AND DEPARTING
I am across the street. There is a crowd in front of the unit and I wonder if some leave because they see me. The unit is sold. A friend lives beside the place and I go into his yard and ask the buyer if he owns a business because I would like to work a deal out so that I can work it off. He does not own a business but he does promise to return the notebooks and such to me.

I go across the street and drop beside the side of the road and there I cry and wail like a wounded animal for over an hour. I had often wondered if the comic book collection and the things inside the unit has become a point of idolatry for me. It is not good to have something between God and you. I can not believe the extent and duration of this episode of mourning.

IV. EXORCISMS
I had willed the comic book collection to my nieces during the early double Os. It was the year that I tutored them. It was a magical year and the only time when I would have a window into their lives. Dad once remarked that I had been more of a father to them than their own father. I thought that was sad too. It was also probably true and that is too bad because I do love my brother. There is more to this story...but not now.

Comic book collecting began around sixty-five and it ended in twenty eleven. I do not know why, but I just thought that it was time to stop. My cousin, my molester had introduced me to comic books and this led to the joy of reading and so many other things had followed. There I am with my head in my jacket that is on the ground muffling my screams and gathering my tears. I had once wondered if the comic books carried a link to my childhood enslavement. Considering that I have never wailed so long, the idea of a form of human possession seems plausible to me. In fact, it is quickly emerging as fact. I am surprised at the depth and intensity of my ache. I wonder if any of this sounds unworldly, because it begins to feel that way.

This is becoming more of an exorcism. My tenure in Anderson County seems to have been one extended exorcism. It is a wretched thing to become a pariah in your hometown. It is a cruelty instilled that lies beyond belief and the difficulty in that acceptance is that my family placed me here. Then it is over. A neighbor leaves his house and gives me a ride to Wal-Mart.

nonAtomas 13
Atoma is a Greek word that means `indivisible'. The English word `atom' comes from `atoma'. The notion of family is a foundation for society. A family's strength resides in the glue that holds them together. Love has its wisdom, abiding loyalties, and love is indivisible. Love is glue, atoma. Non- atoma families make breaking worlds. This has been the League of Dread.

OUR DAYS FADE AS PAGES   +   NONATOMAS 13  +  LEAGUE OF DREAD
by El-Pooh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matthew 7:16
By their fruit you will recognize them. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

Matthew 7:20
So then, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Matthew 12:33
Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.

Anonymous said...

Some things need to be experienced to be understood.

KING OF ANDERSON COUNTY

CLICK IMAGE TO GO