N8 TWEAKERS

I. THE DRUG AISLE IN HICKSVILLE
My stuff is fine for a few days. So far, Slinky seems laid back enough. However, I move my stuff into the shed out back. I am rarely there except to shower, tend to the cats, or go through my things. I slept on the couch for a few nights. It may very well be years since I last slept on something soft and conventional. There is a wariness to me and I trust that caution.

Lulu Guantanamo arrives a few days later. More people start to stop by the house. I come home and Lulu is cleaning things in the shed. She mentions something about OCD. I am not buying it. She has rifled through my stuff. She is talking ninety to nothing. Her dog wants to play with my cats. Let me see...cleaning, talking, more people, everyone is hyper and walkie-talkie. This can only mean that drugs have arrived. Most likely that drug is Ice or some form of methamphetamine. This is so not good. I have very little experience in dealing with Tweakers. 

II. TWEAKER WORLD: 101
I never realized how naive I am about some things until the end of 2012 in Conroe. That was my introduction to Tweaker culture. All of this comes just as I was getting more sleep. I should have listened to that growing paranoia a little more closely. A few days later, Lulu steals some things. I confront her and go through her stuff. She took a lot of things and it seems as if she has no use for some of these things. I get most of it back.

Tweakers are like a hybrid species of man and insect that was derived within a laboratory. They operate in unison as if every individual is part of a hive mind collective. Tweakers stay up all night. They talk a lot about boring subjects. These conversations carry intellectual pretensions whose illusion is carried through the endless giving of needless details that no one cares about. Sporadic jumps in subject matter and train of thought also occurs in Tweaker conversations. There really is no point to these chats and most topics end abruptly whenever something else catches their attention. This is usually the arrival of more drugs. Tweakers stay up late and talk and steal. They steal as if the notion of stealing has been spliced into their DNA. They have no problem about lying about the matter when you ask them. Tweakers tweak because they do drugs and doing drugs makes Tweakers sleepless. Filling the midnight hours means that they talk and steal. Tweakers tweak because they do what they are. In time, the drugs will take their toll and all of these people will wear their new Tweaker face. One may look at this as indoctrination into a secret brotherhood of some noble exclusiveness. This is more delusion lain over the previous delusions that had been there for so long that they had become part of the earth’s crust.  

III. MY QUIET DISASTER
I pop in one afternoon to take a shower. People keep coming by and I begin to get paranoid. I really have to leave here. I do not do drugs and I do not want to get arrested simply because I am in the midst of drug users. The cats are scared and they hide in the woods. I should have really listened to myself that day. I come home the next morning and Lulu made another run on me again. This time she got a lot of my endeared stuff. My heart is broken. There is so little of me left and now more is gone. 

Lulu is a manipulator, duh. She manipulates Slinky because he is suddenly aggressive toward me. This is unlike him. Ten to one says that it was Lulu who turned him in to the cops. I state this because they were talking about the jail stint that he just finished serving. Something intuitive went off when they were filling in blanks for me. Nevertheless, I underestimated her and now I pay. Slinky is getting sketchy. He is making threats and I am walking away. I simply do not take him seriously. He comes from behind and hits me in the face. That was such a wrong move. It does not hurt. I am not mad. There is no sense in beating him senseless because I have already called the cops. I do not want them driving up and the two of us fighting. Nevertheless, I note the lack of pain. He played his complete hand and I have yet to lay down cards. Then again, sometimes I do not lay down any cards. I have yet to figure that out. 

TWEAKERS   +   NATIVES 8    +   LEAGUE OF DREAD
by El-Pooh!

No comments:

KING OF ANDERSON COUNTY

CLICK IMAGE TO GO